On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM, jaxzin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I left my Archiva instance overnight to reindex everything (31k files
> reported) but still no results when I search for class names with artifacts
> I know are in the repository and are showing up through 'browse'.  I don't
> see any failures (related to this at least) in my logs.
>
> So to refresh, I've:
> 1) Shutdown my Archiva instance
> 2) Deleted my archiva derby database
> 3) Deleted my .index folders under each repository folder
> 4) Restarted Archiva
> 5) Rescanned my repositories
> 6) Updated my Database
>
> Any other ideas?  I do have failures related to
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-686, but that's only a subset of my
> artifacts.  I've been testing class names within artifacts that do not have
> this issue, but I wanted to mention it in case it may be related.

Hmm.. I've just tried searching for classes & packages in 1.1 too & I didn't
get any hits as well.
The last time I did try it, it was working but that was before 1.1. Anyway,
I already filed a jira for this, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-892 and will include this in 1.1.1.

> Another idea, is it my query?  I'm just searching on the class name, no
> package name, no lucene prefixes (l'm thinking Proximity-style searches),
> no
> trailing ".class".  Is that how its designed to be used?

Yep, your query is correct and you should also be able to search with the
package name included..

Thanks,
Deng