Hi

I set up a repository group that centralises all our repositories.

This includes:
- internal: jars that are not public available and internal libraries
- public: this repo proxies all jars available in maven repository
(Proxy Connector to http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
- internal legacy: old m1 repository that has both non public and
public jars. (Proxy Connector to our old ftp m1 repo)

The way I created the archiva setup,  my repository group should get
the public jars into the "public" archiva repository (from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2).
I believe the order of the repo in the group (virtual repo) means that
the first repos listed there are searched first right?

I wanted to use this behaviour to filter out unnecessary public jars
that previously we kept on our m1 legacy repository. After a while I
could go to the archiva legacy repo and see which jars are efectivelly
need to be moved into the archiva "internal" repo.

The problem is that the way the repository group is working, once I
try to download  commons-lang-2.4.jar, for example, archiva connects
to both repositories, and proxy it locally, instead of looking in the
public one first, and as it finds the jar there, there is no need to
to get from the legacy internal m1.

Is this the way the repository groups should work? Is there a way to
enforce that once a jar has been found in one of the repositories in
the group, the other ones wouldn't be searched?

Regards

Emerson