Mauro,

It's difficult to guess what this might be based on the information you have
provided. For future reference, giving more specific information about what you
have done and what you are seeing will help us out. In turn we can help you
more.
For example, think about including directory listings, contents of config files
and commands typed.

I think your issue may be caused by one of the following:

* Check your spelling of archiva (not archivia)
* The war probably should be placed outside of webapps unless you're
auto-deploying (which will vary from the installation instructions)
* The context.xml file should be located in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml and should point to the war
file

I'd suggest going back to the instructions and make sure that you followed them
exactly as written. My experience has been that the installation instructions
work flawlessly.

Hope this helps,

Brent

>>> Mauro Gatti  04/09/10 6:03 AM >>>
Hi all,
I'm trying to install archivia using tomcat.
I copied the libraries needed for tomcat in tomcat library directory.
I created the context.xml file as suggested in the docs in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/archivia/META-INF directory.
I placed the .war file where specified in context.xml (
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/archivia ).
I set -Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME -Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME when
tomcat starts.
Despite this, I got error 404 without any other error messages in catalina.out.
I'm not able to find any archivia log file.
looking at tomcat manager application archivia seems to be deployed normally.

I don't know how to understand what is wrong.

Could you help me?
Thank You

Regards

Mauro