On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Kurt Yoder <kyo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get authentication for my existing LDAP users to work in
> Archiva. However my setup does not use an administrative user and bind
> password; instead my defined LDAP users have a SHA1-hashed password that
> should be used for authentication. The redback documentation seems to hint it
> *might* be possible, but frankly I don't understand it, and it seems out of
> date. Is my kind of LDAP setup supported?
>
> Incidentally, the redback site I looked up for configuration help
> (http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/ldap.html) was last updated over two
> years ago, and the mailing lists seem similarly dead. Did the project get
> renamed and move elsewhere? Or worse, did it die out completely?

It's not completely dead, they've even done a couple of releases
recently:  http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/redback/redback/
.   Coming from mostly Apache projects it's strange to me not to see
discussion, release votes, and announcements, but Codehaus doesn't
have the same rules.  If you look at the scm@redback list, that's
where all the activity (JIRA and commits) is.

Ping the Redback dev list and see if someone can update the website.
Here's the source of the page you mentioned, you can see if anything
has changed since it was last published:
http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback-site/trunk/src/site/apt/integration/ldap.apt

I don't know the answer to your original question though.  I've
managed to get it minimally working against ApacheDS, but nothing more
complicated than that.

--
Wendy