From: Jeff [mailto:predato...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:32 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Performance when resolving artifacts...

I'm running Archiva 1.4-M2.

When I do a build from any of our dev machines or build server, it takes a long
time to pull even just the POM files from Archiva.

Typical times for POM files are:

(826 B at 0.7 KB/sec)
(3 KB at 0.2 KB/sec)
(834 B at 0.6 KB/sec)
(822 B at 0.8 KB/sec)

Is this normal?  I really would have expected much, MUCH faster.  The server is
dedicated to Archiva running on Tomcat so there should not be any resource
problems and it is running CentOs 6.2 w/ 4GB RAM, dual core CPU and tomcat
configured to use 3GB of that.

Could it be searching all repositories in my group, including all proxies
regardless of the artifact?

Is there something to help me tune it better?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent
predato...@gmail.com