We need more debug logs to try understand (or have access to your server :-) )
Can you change log4j.xml file and add

  <!-- apache httpclient debug content transfer-->
  <logger name="org.apache.http.wire">
    <level value="debug"/>
  </logger>

  <logger name="org.apache.http.headers">
    <level value="debug"/>
  </logger>

That will be a bit verbose but we will have more details.