Hello

Just for information: the latest snapshot of 1.4-M4 I have downloaded today is able to run decently on a Raspberry PI model B (512MB) under Raspbian Wheezy and the Nov 12 preview of the Oracle JDK 8 for ARM processors. The UI is responsive, and the utilization of Maven is very acceptable for a home network (I have just modified the
-Xmx parameter to 256M instead of the 512MB default).

The only thing that do not work out of the box is the Tanuki wrapper as it is packaged in the current distribution; it is too old to contain the required ARM files
(the latest one from SourceForge is OK).

Another thing I have noted (unrelated to the Raspberry or this particular version of Archiva) concerns the content of the wrapper.conf file: it contains the version of each jar in the classpath. As I initially used it as a template in my Archiva puppet module, I had a problem when I made the 1.4-M3 -> 1.4-M4 update "in place" (class not found since the jars filenames have naturally changed between these two versions).

Extract from wrapper.conf:

# Java Classpath (include wrapper.jar)  Add class path elements as
#  needed starting from 1
wrapper.java.classpath.1=lib/wrapper.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=%REPO_DIR%/archiva-jetty-1.4-M4-SNAPSHOT.pom
wrapper.java.classpath.3=%REPO_DIR%/jetty-server-8.1.9.v20130131.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.4=%REPO_DIR%/javax.servlet-3.0.0.v201112011016.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.5=%REPO_DIR%/jetty-continuation-8.1.9.v20130131.jar

So I have changed my way of dealing with this file, but I remembered that I did not encountered this problem with the ElasticSearch service wrapper; actually they manage the classpath differently:

# Java Classpath (include wrapper.jar)  Add class path elements as
#  needed starting from 1
wrapper.java.classpath.1=%ES_HOME%/bin/service/lib/wrapper.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=%ES_HOME%/lib/elasticsearch*.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.3=%ES_HOME%/lib/*.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.4=%ES_HOME%/lib/sigar/*.jar

Using the * wildcard makes wrapper.conf and Archiva versions much more independant of each other.

Regards

Patrice

PS: I have also tested artifacts deletion in the snapshot repository and it was OK for me. This is very convenient.