2013/5/29 Lothar Werzinger <lot...@tradescape.biz>:
> Hi,
>
> I am researching Archiva and I tried using the REST API for Archiva 1.4.
>
> I am using 1.4-M3 as well as the staged 1.4-M4 from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/archiva/1.4-M4
>

> Is it possible to create new custom roles for Archiva repository access?
> I could not find a way to create new roles, but I might have missed it.

No
> I would like to grant a certain group of users the right to upload new
> artifacts, but I don't want them to have the repository manager role for
> the repository in question, as that allows e.g. deletion of artifacts as
> well.
No that's not possible currently.
Roles (like Foo Repository Manager) are created from template roles
(Repository Manager)
The goal could be to create a new Role with only the operation
"archiva-upload-repository".
But that's not exposed as a REST service.
Create a issue. If you have a bit of time that's something to in redback-core.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au