We are currently using 1.4-M2.
Furthering testing shows that this is only happening with the wagon provider
plus central repo. Other repos such as codehaus works fine with the wagon
provider.

Same artifact request works with HttpURLConnection.

Also, unit test for Archiva Web fails.

[INFO] Building Archiva Web :: Application 1.4-M2
Tests in error:
  downloadWithRemoteRedirect(org.apache.archiva.DownloadArtifactsTest): Failed
to transfer file:
http://localhost:39187//repository/internal/junit/junit/4.9/junit-4.9.jar.
Return code is: 500, ReasonPhrase:Unable to fetch artifact resource..

Also, here is the connection info to central repo from the Archiva machine.
[charlesk@readproud ~]$ telnet central.maven.org 80
Trying 199.27.77.184...
Connected to central.maven.org (199.27.77.184).
Escape character is '^]'.

Does anyone else have similar issue?