Hi David,

On 12 Nov 2013, at 7:29 am, Stallard,David <stall...@oclc.org> wrote:

> According to the following page, there should be 6 configurable Unprocessed
> Artifacts Consumers and 3 Artifact Cleanup Consumers:
>
> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.5/adminguide/consumers.html

It looks like that documentation is out of date. There is only the one database
consumer now (and this further changes in the upcoming Archiva 2.0 release).

> We have had various error messages in the log and unreliable searching for a
> long time now, and I suspect it may be because database consumers such as
> index-archive-toc, index-artifact, and so forth, are not running.

We can probably help with those errors individually, although if you are
looking for a clean attempt you can move the Archiva database and indexes out
of the way and restart it - that should certainly correct the issues if you can
afford the time and CPU cycles to reindex.

Regards,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter