On 17 April 2014 19:14, Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Am 17.04.2014 01:24, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>> DefaultISMLocking is a jackrabbit class
>>
>> Maybe try change the log4j2 async configuration?
>> See http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.0.2-SNAPSHOT/adminguide/logging.html
>> Due to various issues reported here, I will change the default.
>
> We've already changed that, didn't change anything (we have no CPU issue
> here). Also in the meantime I added 4 more cores (so currently 8) -
> average load is at 2, so plenty of free CPU cycles for Archiva.
>
> Do you have any idea about the other things? Or a starting point where
> we should debug / profile?
Complicated....

"DefaultISMLocking.acquireReadLock()/aquireReadWriteLock" is part of
Jackrabbit framework.
Do you see this usage in more than one thread? Because it's only the
indexing thread using that. Except if you have a lot users using the
ui.
Weird as this should be faster than 1.3.x using a database.
Do  you have any other threads blocking?

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au