Hi,

you have to setup jetty for SSL, if you would like to use the standalone
distribution. Or use a reverse proxy (apache httpd) in front of the server.
Or a more lightweight SSL forwarder like stunnel. But currently, we have no
out-of-the-box solution.
If you are more familiar with tomcat configuration, you may use the WAR file
of archiva and deploy it on a tomcat server.

Greetings

Martin