Greetings,

I'm running Archiva 2.2.5 and I'm having some difficulty getting audit logging to work.

The documentation [1] seems to suggest that it should Just Work and log user logins etc, but the file remains empty. Regular logging seems to work reasonably well [2], it's just this one logfile that doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

I've tried increasing the log level for the redbackAuditLog to debug, but that hasn't made any difference.

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated :-)

 - Bram

[1] https://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.5/adminguide/security-logs.html

[2] archiva.log contains very rudimentary "login failed" events, but doesn't include a remote IP address, only the username. And the request log logs login failures with status code 500, making it very difficult to do any meaningful auditing.