Hi,
I have been using Archiva since version 2.2.7 without an issue. I have bumped
into the updates of Archiva (2.2.10) and decided I needed to upgrade.
I am using a stand-alone installation proxied by an Apache server (mainly to
manage certs).

After installing (unzipping), copying the repository and data directory, and
checking the differences in wrapper.conf and jetty.xml I fired the new version.
I can browse my repos but I can't download jars/pom/etc. What I am getting is
an HTTP error 400 with any jar I try; here's an exerpt from request.log :

127.0.0.1 - - [27/Apr/2023:08:04:18 +0000] "GET
/repository/internal/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar HTTP/1.1" 400 1422
"https://artifact.axiante.com/"; "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64)
AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
I have then tried to upgrade one version at a time with the following results:
2.2.7: works (the starting version)

2.2.8: works (the current version being served)

2.2.9: same as above, error 400 when trying to download artifacts

2.2.10: same as 2.2.9

I have checked file permissions, memory, jcr logs and made sure I did a
systemctl daemon-reload before running the server (I am using symlinks to keep
my installations tight)
As far as I am aware, there are a few major changes between 2.2.8 and 2.2.9
(namely spring), and checking (using diff) the wrapper I can see that
activation.jar has been upgraded from version 1.1 to 1.1.1.
Also, to complete the description of my problem, I am using OpenJDK 1.8.0_362
on the machine that is serving Archiva.

Can anyone point me somewhere? I have been trying to upgrade for a couple of
days, went through a lot of documentation, and checked Google: the only
(slightly) related issue I have found was with versions <1.4 and artifacts
upload.
TIA
Marco