You can add a URL to the artifact by overriding ShellCommand's
createSummary method and calling addURL... assuming it's on a web
server somewhere.
See
http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.6p1/reference/buildbot.steps.shell.ShellCommand-class.html

Here's how I do it:

class LinkedShellCommand(steps.ShellCommand):
    """A shell command that adds a URL to the build resuilts."""
    def __init__(self,**kwargs):
         steps.ShellCommand.__init__(self,**kwargs)

    def createSummary(self,log):
         rooturl = "http://%s/repobot"; % MASTER
         # Upload to different location, based on whether this build
was from a tag
         stability = intuit_buildtype(self.getProperty("commit-description"))
         buildername = self.getProperty("buildername")
         buildnumber = self.getProperty("buildnumber")
         artifact_url = "%s/%s/builds/%s/%d/" % (rooturl, stability,
buildername, buildnumber)
         self.addURL("artifacts", artifact_url)

That's all specific to my setup, but the idea is to override
ShellCommand's createSummary method and have it call addURL.