Sorry for missing that - I am using the Camel 2.0 snapshot.

I am not using HTTPComponent at all. I am using the MailComponent, which is
created by camel. Can I set the HeaderFilterStrategy for the component, or I
need to create my own instance of the component?

Currently I am using smtp like this -
<camel:to uri="smtp://a...@xyz.com?password=dfetgsdf" />

can I make it -
<camel:to
uri="smtp://a...@xyz.com?password=dfetgsdf&amp;headerFilterStrategy=#myStrategy"
/>

where myStrategy is a bean implementing HeaderFilterStrategy and declared in
the Spring XML as -
<bean id="myStrategy"
class="com.pramati.web122.pigeon.PigeonFilterStrategy"></bean>

Regards,
Rohit