Thinking a little bit more about this. Maybe this is just a special case for
header filtering strategies. In this case it seems a bit strange, because
you explicitly specify the endpoint address in the to() call. However, this
is the similar to the case where you want to send a message to an HTTP
endpoint with a dynamic address. Thjen you must specify a "dummy" endpoint
address. E.g.:

    .setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_URI) ...
    .to("http://dummyUri";)

I guess it would be less of an issue, if one would have to clearly state in
the to() that this is a dynamic endpoint URI. Something like .to("http") to
only define the component and the endpoint URI gets looked up from a header.
That way the dummy wouldn't be needed and the case with the bridge would run
as well, because the to() clearly refers to a fully qualified endpoint
address. However, it's nothing I absolutely require, I can live with
removing the headers.

Jens