Hi,

in our setup we would like to package different set of routes for different
tasks into one java-based windows service. For example, we have one task to
import files from some ftp to one clients database, another to import data
from web-based repotys into another app db and so on. The question is - what
is the recommended way of doing this in the Camel2?

One option is to just include multiple RouteBuilder subclasses into the
project and be done with it. This however raises some questions: am I
correct to assume that global definitions like interceptors and error
handler would be shared by all routes? Also, there is a chance of name
clashes for direct endpoints name - for example I could accidentally use
"direct:initiateImport" endpoint in 2 separate route sets, which would not
be good - isn't there?

Another option is to use multiple camel contexts in a single spring context
- would this resolve the global definitions and naming clash issues? I tried
to search the list (and the net in general) but there turned up little
information about this. Does anybody use the camel this way? Are there any
performance/scalability/whatever problems anticipated, if we expect up to
dozen of camel contexts and more?

Perhaps there are some other options I do not see?

Regards,
Vladimir Okhotnikov