Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying read the 140 page spec right?  Or am i missing a link to
something more focused there?  I'll work on that right after i send this
message.

Scanning some of the document, and some of the FUSE videos, it seems like a
Topic with selectors is most what i'm looking for on the output end.  But
still not sure how to get messages to persist in a backup/wiretap database
(3a).

Below are the questions that i feel the spec will still not answer, and is
difficult to find in the FUSE documentation.  (if nothing else for my own
reference to see what i'm still looking for)

Eibwen wrote:

> 2. To filter/distribute the messages, would either of these be worse?:
> a. asking the producer to put each location's messages in a different
> queue
> b. Or have selectors on each Location pointing to the same queue?
> c. Or have the producer put it into a single queue, and have forwardTo
> filteredDestination split it into different queues?
> d. Is filtering using an XPath on the xml message body horribly
> inefficient?

I'm certain the performance of these would vary between implementations.  So
i'm wondering if anyone has seen benchmarks of message sizes and filtering
techniques i'm talking about?
Since the producer will likely be the bottleneck in my situation, and i am
not developing that, a benchmark for a generic case is just as accurate as
what i could take a day to build the pieces to bench myself.

Eibwen wrote:

> 3. If i want to do these things, would ActiveMQ be able to accomplish
> these/would Camel?
> a. Put a copy of each message into a database for indefinite storage
> b. Add in new Producers sending messages from other common languages
> (giving this portal out to new customers that will send information down
> to our Locations)

This is wondering if ActiveMQ is able to be configured in this way, or if
Camel would support it better.  Which is not related to JMS spec at all.
It seems to me that ActiveMQ is a subset of Camel, so if it can do this
alone, i would install that and hope it will be lighter weight.

Eibwen wrote:

> Questions (see image below):
> 1. Between Topic and Queue
> a. Is it a persistent connection or will I code my client to connect into
> the broker every 5 minutes to check if the queue has anything?
> b. Or does the broker connect into the client when a message is put into a
> queue? (if this is the case my custom filtering/queue piece would have
> webservices the clients will connect to)

These questions probably will be answered in the spec, but i was worried
they might vary between the specific implementations of the spec.