Hi

Which Camel version are you using?
I just checked the camel trunk code, there is no code which turn the headers into lower case.

Willem

attilav wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the camel-http to send a soap request, however the camel
exchange headers get converted to lowercase during the http post. Is this a
feature, or bug? Is there a way around it?

My setup is something like this:

from("activemq:queue:tempque")
      .setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD,
constant(org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpMethods.POST))
      .setHeader("SOAPAction", constant("http://xxx.com/interfaces/ticket";))
      .setHeader("Content-Type", constant("text/xml; charset=utf-8"))
      .setHeader("myHeaDer", constant("akarmi head"))
      .setHeader("xxxSOAPAction", constant("sakarmi head"))
      .to("http://iface.intra:8115/ticket";)

what actually gets sent over the wire is:

POST /fault_ticket HTTP/1.1
myheader: akarmi head
soapaction: "http://xxx.com/interfaces/ticket";
xxxsoapaction: sakarmi head

<soap:Envelope  ....

The remote side is case sensitive on http headers, and complies about an
invalid soap action.

Thanks
attilav