Yeah you're right. I'm reimplementing some old code using Camel and in that
code FTPClient is used. I missed the fact that you have to do dir /
listFiles() before you can fetch the files.

The FTP-component doesn't support this - any ideas? :)

Earlier I implemented the .sendSiteCommand by extending FTPClient and
overriding the login method and doing it from there (as it is needed to be
done once per login). This is not very pretty though so if you have a better
idea for a workaround please tell.