After a lot of trial and error I can see that the files are only read
correctly as Cp865 if I set the system property
"org.apache.camel.default.charset" to Cp865. If I try anything else I get ?
? ? for characters such as æ ø å. Can someone explain the mechanics behind
this? I thought that the body of message would just be a GenericFile and
that the conversion would not happen until I ask the file to be a String. Ie
it should be enough to just set the charset on the exchange under <from> and
then when a component wants to convert the message to a String it will use
the correct encoding. This is not the behaviour I experience.