On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Olivier.Roger <olivier.ro...@bsb.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made a wrong assumption about the DefaultExchange.
> Using the DefaultExchangeHolder makes it really easy.

Great thats the point with it. Its actually used by eg camel-jms if
you set option transferExchange=true

> I made a first test. It's still a bit messy but it appears to gives the
> expected results/behavior.
> About that, I saw that the HawtDB codec marshall the key into a Buffer.
> I did not do that since all the keys are always String, and therefore stored
> in a Varchar field in the database.

Well I can't remember if we enforced correlation keys to be String types.
But they would most often be that. I would actually state its a fair
requirement that the correlation keys are String based as well.
Then you can use VARCHAR for those keys which makes it easy to query
the database.

> Did I miss something here or is it really HawtDB related ?
> I suppose there is a reason why the index are parametrized with
> <Buffer,Buffer> and not <String,Buffer>.

HawtDB is a storing all its data as byte streams, hence it uses a
Buffer abstraction. And you need codec to map to/from it.