Hi,

We are delivering files to an FTP server with the URI option
tempPrefix=.uploading and nothing set for the fileExists option, i.e. it
will default to override of an existing file.

However, if uploading, say, "file.txt" twice, the second upload will fail
with a rename error - as the renaming from ".uploadingfile.txt" to
"file.txt" fails as "file.txt" already exists on the FTP server.

My expectations would be, that the fileExists default to override should
apply in this case, and somehow force the ftp server to overwrite the
existing file in the renaming.

It looks like the FTP servers do not provide a common implementation of
rename - but then Camel could, e.g. delete the target file and retry the
rename if fileexist is override.

(We are running this on Camel 2.2)

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

/Mikael