Hi,

There is a FallbackTypeConverter[1] will help you do this kind of job of the
message body's class is annotated with JAXB annotations. If you put the
camel-jaxb into your class path, this fallback type converter will be used
by default.

If you don't want to use it , you need to convert the message body yourself
before the fallback type converter get to work :)

[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-jaxb/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/converter/jaxb/FallbackTypeConverter.java

Willem