The issue with setting queries in the request URI has been resolved. Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3808

Regards.

On 03/18/2011 10:18 AM, mat127 wrote:
Hello,

I am using the camel-restlet component to build a REST client calling some
3rd party application RESTful API that is not built upon Camel.

In some cases I need to provide parameters to GET requests like e.g. item id
etc. According to the documentation and the source code I understood that
the restlet component pushes all header fields into the restlet.org request
(using the DefaultRestletBinding class). But I am unable to produce the
desired request this way at all.

Let me explain on following example:

        <camel:route>
             <camel:from uri="direct:test"/>
             <camel:setHeader headerName="locale">
        <camel:constant>cs_CZ</camel:constant>
             </camel:setHeader>
             <camel:to uri="restlet:http://localhost:8089/"/>
        </camel:route>

Calling this route using following Scala code:

            producer.requestBodyAndHeader(
                "direct:test", "",
                "itemId", id.id,
                classOf[java.util.Map[String,Object]]
            )

will produce following HTTP request on the localhost:

[pema@dev ~]$ nc -l 8089
GET http://dev:8089/ HTTP/1.1
Host: dev:8089
Referer: camel-restlet
Accept: */*
Connection: close

The problem is that the 'locale' and the 'id' parameters are missing there.
How can I get them into the GET request query string? Any hints are welcome!

Regards, Petr