Hi,

I'm pretty new to Apache Camel, and I want to figure out, if I can use
it for our application.

Following case: two Camel-instances, running on different physical
servers. Both will receive the same messages from
3rd-party-application (which is configured to send to the two
ip-adresses). If the first Camel is up and running the second Camel
should ignore the incoming message, otherwise the second Camel should
process it.
So far the situation. I know there is a possible solution by using a
load-balancer and then route the message via fail-over-strategy to the
instances. But in case of a broken load-balancer, I have just two
useless Camel-instances.

My solution would be a kind of "Hello"-Message, which is sent from the
second Camel to the first Camel (with ack), to make sure, that the
first is still living. Main-target is to receive all(!) messages and
process them.

Do you have any ideas how to realize this or do you have another
solution regarding my needs? Thanks in advance,

best,
Christoph