On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Jeff Segal <jeffrey.se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some general question about Camel and Jetty integration.
>
> First, given that the jetty: Camel Component creates an embedded Jetty
> server, is it assumed that this component would never be used within a web
> app? Or am I missing something?

Thats correct. For a web app you can use the servlet component instead.

> Second, I noticed that JettyHttpComponent manages a Map of Jetty Connectors.
> However, CometdComponent does the same exact thing using its own Jetty
> Connector Map. Is there any plan to consolidate the Jetty Connectors used
> throughout Camel into one shared cache? For instance, it seems that one
> would be unable to use a jetty: and cometd: Component on the same port in
> the same app because only one Component would be able to successfully bind
> to the port.

Yeah the camel-cometd component was written "a long time ago" and
needed Jetty to work.
I wonder if we can separate it from the transport, so you can bind it
to a osgi http service / servlet / jetty or whatever.
Isn't some of the stuff that cometd needed back then being
standardized in the servlet spec?
I may be mistaking.

As always we love contributions. And recently we had people from the
community help upgrade camel-cometd to use the 2.x version.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com