Hmm, I am not so sure about that.

The only difference between a temporary and a regular queue is that the
messages on temporary queues do not outlive the broker and/or active
connections. If there are no active producers/consumers to the temporary
destination, the destination is removed by the broker and any messages
discarded.

I would first try to set the log levels to debug and
     a> See if my broker is running and a producer/consumer has been created
properly by the route.
     b> I would create and set up a separate consumer thread listening on
the temporary queue, thereby guaranteeing that the queue is up and not
recycled.
     c> Then I would send a message via the route.

I would also have a jconsole viewer checking to see if messages are moving
through the route and queues/topics in ActiveMQ.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com