Hi Willem,

and thank you for the quick reply! According to Spring
http://static.springsource.org/spring-security/site/docs/3.0.x/reference/springsecurity-single.html#tech-intro-authentication
security ref
"If you just use
SecurityContextHolder.getContext().setAuthentication(anAuthentication), then
the Authentication object will change in *all *concurrent threads which
share the same SecurityContext instance. " If camel shares that then it
should not be problem. Also as far as I understand, unless specified to run
concurrently one route executes(source->route->destination) in a single
thread. So if I do the auth somewhere along this thread execution it should
"stay". And it actually is if I use the LoginContext. The issue is I do not
want to use LoginContext directly in code, but instead configure either
spring or camel to do that for me for a particular camel context or route(if
that is possible of course :) )

Regarding "I think we can set up a composite registry which can look up the
beans
from jndi and spring application context at the same time. "
how can we do that? Do you think auth would work if I used the ejb component
instead of bean one? Unfortunately I can't test now, but will try later this
day...