Hi Andreas,

That's indeed true, and that's why no problem occurs concerning
jetty-version property on other modules having parent/pom.xml as the parent
(either directly or indirectly) like the camel-web module.

However having that jetty-version definition in parent/pom.xml doesn't help
on the problem existing in Camel build POM I mentioned by my previous post.
Please note that Camel build POM's parent is org.apache:apache:9, that's

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/9/apache-9.pom

So it has no idea of that jetty-version property in parent/pom.xml, right?

If you're also an eclipse user as well, could you please confirm if you have
the same problem with eclipse plugin like me. Just as a quick check could
you please go to

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/buildingtools

on you local trunk copy and do a:

mvn eclipse:eclipse