I have a basic bean object, setters and getters that I want to pass through
back up the Camel route.  It implements serializable and has the generated
serialVersionUID.  I have tried doing

message.setHeader("myheader", myBean);
message.getExchange().setProperty("myheader", myBean);

But on the backend, after calling down the route, the bean doesn't exist.  I
can ask
Exchange result = producer.send(exchange);
logger.debug("Stuff A: " + exchange.getProperty("myheader"));
logger.debug("Stuff B: " + exchange.getOut().getHeader("myheader"));
logger.debug("Stuff C: " + exchange.getIn().getHeader("myheader"));

All three are null, but when I pass a String instead of the myBean, I get the
string out.  Is there a way to send an actual Object back from an Endpoint?

Thanks,
Zach Calvert