Hi,

I've got quite a long route which consists of 5-6 handler/to's clauses.
Starting from the first handler I create a data transfer object (some
business transaction specific info) which I populate with additional
information on every step. In the end of the route I serialize that object,
using JPA. I can't use body, since body is been used to transfer the
business process- specific messages.

Currently, I use exchange.setProperty() to store that object:
        BusinessTransaction transaction = prepareTransactionObject(keys,
messagePayload);
        exchange.setProperty(BusinessTransaction.TRANSACTION_PROPERTY,
transaction);

In every sequential handler I extract the BusinessTransaction object from
the Exchange property:
exchange.getProperty(BusinessTransaction.TRANSACTION_PROPERTY,
BusinessTransaction.class);

... and populate is with new information.

Question:
Is that way safe (e.g. thread safe), or, perhaps, there are other
recommendations (using headers, for example) to transfer accompanying
information along the long route?

Thanks,

Anton