Actually with 2.9.0 you can run the console with Tomcat7 but still not
Tomcat6 or another webserver. As far as I know, you can't deploy it in a
seperate war, the actual way to do it is with a war overlay (and that
bothers me too...).

That would be great to deploy it in a seperate instance. We have several
Camel applications, each one with its own console : I'd rather prefere only
one console where I can add all my Camel applications.