I'm debugging an issue where my Spring initialized code attempts to use a Camel
route before the route is initialized. I attempted to fix this by adding
"depends-on" in my Spring configuration to make my code depend on the
camelContext but it didn't help. I could see that the context was being
created, then my code created (which starts executing in another thread), then
the context was started.

I debugged the SpringCamelContext and found that the afterPropertiesMethod is
never called which means the context isn't started until onApplicationEvent is
fired with a ContextRefreshedEvent. A breakpoint in afterPropertiesMethod is
never triggered so maybeStart() is never called. So the "depends-on" doesn't
help because Spring considers the SprintCamelContext initialized and allows
bean creation to continue even though the context is not yet started.

I'm using Spring 3.1.0 and Camel 2.9.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions
for a work-around?

-mike

[cid:image001.jpg@01CCD052.D7C4B3F0] | Mike Pilone | Software Architect,
Distribution | mpil...@npr.org<mailto:mpil...@npr.org> | o: 202-513-2679  m: