--Issue Update--
*Finally* figured out the issue.  The IBM MQ7 Queue Manager was configured
to close all pooled JMS resources that have not been accessed for
5-minutes.  The MQ Connection Factory defined within the Websphere
Application Server 7 container specified a minimum pool = 1, meaning that
the container itself will always keep at least 1 Connection in the pool.
After executing load, all of the connections in the pool were exercised and
after 5-minutes, the QMgr would attempt to close *all* JMS resources that
it had a reference to, which conflicted with the Connection Factory setting
to maintain 1 Connection in the pool.

Many thanks to everyone taking time out of their busy days to respond to my
post!  Awesome book Claus, it was a great read, very informative.

Thanks for the expert advice, please LMK where to send the Starbucks card.