Hello:

I have an existing Servlet Container hosting some servlets which receive
HTTP requests. Now I am planning to develop some Camel routes which will
reside locally to my web application and shall all start using a "direct:"
URI.

In this regard, I want to be able to invoke my routes from my existing
Servlets whenever a request arrives. What is the best way to do this? Should
I be using a ProducerTemplate? If so, how do I initialize the
ProducerTemplate to send requests to my "direct:" route endpoint?

Going forward, I will retire these Servlets and use the camel-http and
camel-servlets instead.

Also, what if I want to invoke these routes from a simple POJO? Will the
same approach work?

Regards,
Sushil