I made a mistake I should have mentioned Fuse IDE
that have a 'monitor' route mechanism

but I only saw that on their screencast (never used it).

You can use the JMX probes inside Camel an for example JConsole even with
your instrumented process beans to monitor whatever you want and monitor
standards endpoints implemented counters.

Fuse ID and Hyperic could be the 'commercial' side asked for, but I don't
know what are the subscriptions fees for that (Jconsole, and Logs are
sufficient for me ;-))