That's a nice little trick with the onWhen, I like it.

Where does that fall in the scope of the exception block?

Would it just run something like the following?  After the onWhen runs does
the flow pass through the to the statements afterwards, or is there some
sort of "else" clause I need to use to control flow more?

<onException>
    <exception>org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault</exception>
    <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="0" />
    <onWhen>
        <simple>${exception.getClass().getSimpleName()} ==
'WstxEOFException'</simple>
        <log message="Woodstock XML Exception"/>
    </onWhen>
    <log message="CXF Fault" loggingLevel="ERROR"/>
</onException>