Thanks Babak for the suggestions.  A few queries in line ...

On 13 April 2012 14:00, Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You could look at [1] to see how easily you can add routes from XML, and
> check the commit log at the bottom of that link for some examples.

Yes I have seen this and have tried (successfully) adding routes this
way.  Works fine though I worry a bit about using the deprecated
methods but couldn't find any alternative in the docs.

> You could also add routes dynamically at runtime [2] using Camel's JMX
> ManagedCamelContext MBean.

This looks very interesting.  Thanks.  Perhaps this is the better way
to avoid using deprecated methods.  Though I am still left with my
original question .. how to hook into a context lifecycle onStart()
method so I can load up some preconfigured routes on startup.  Using
eithe 1 or 2 above.  It looks like it should be easy but ...

Regards
Bob