Hi,

use can use pollEnrich to consume a file within a route.

from(sql...)
    pollEnrich("file://....")
    .to("activemq:myqueue");

look here: http://camel.apache.org/content-enricher.html

Another way could be to call a bean which reads the file and return the content of the file

from(sql)
    .bean(new TestBean())
    .to("activemq")

in the TestBean class you have the message which comes from the sql-request. So you can decide in your bean what file to open.

regards, Marco