Hi,

using the split tag creates multiple messages depending on how much elements there are, and these messages are processed one by one.

from("file:orders.xml").split().xpath("/orders/order") ...

that means the endpoint after the split is called multiple times (with every message)

Now you can write that messages to a file:

.to("file://orders/")

which would create files with a generated filename. If you want your own filename you need something unique to set it. For example if you have an order-id within your order-tag you could use that:

setHeader(Exchange.FILE_NAME).xpath(/order/order_id/text(), String.class)
.to("file://orders/")

I hope that helps,

regards, Marco