Hi James,

I had a similar need not long ago and two things are needed. One is a wiretap, to do the logging while processing goes uninterrupted on the main flow.

The second is directly related to your question. I ended up using just the in Message, thus losing the properties, but that was good enough for my scenario.

For the second part of your scenario, yes that would work, but then you'd probably have to process the exchange from the body of the message somehow.

I hope this helps,
Hadrian