Hi Claus,

I just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5320

Thanks again for your suggestions. I think for now I found how to rely on
the clustering capabilities of my current tomcat sticky session deployments
for load balancing. If the process is initiated from a regular http request
or scheduled (quartz) I can trigger the routes which for now can run in just
one JVM once they start. If I need more distributed load I will need to jump
into inter JVM messaging (AMQP sounds good to me).

BTW I have blogged about my solution to use Camel as Service Orchestrator in
http://thinkinginsoftware.blogspot.com/2012/05/using-quartz-camel-and-spring-for.html,
hopefully my journey will help others looking for simple solutions to big
problems.

Camel rocks!

-Nestor