@Willem: Fair enough, then. I think it would be good if it was stated
explicitly that the body is used as-is with no encoding, as I obviously
found it confusing.

@Scott: Undecided. Happy to use either POJO or PAYLOAD for CXF, whichever
ends up being easier (probably PAYLOAD). And yes, there is a web service
response that is required. The response from the HTTP call is very simple
(and is not HTML), but I do need to extract some bits of it. Sadly, I don't
think it's XML or JSON or anything, just a string.

If it makes a difference, this will be deployed in SMX 4.4.1 (or later).

Thanks,

- Andrew