I've been looking into a memory leak we're experiencing with our Camel
application and have found that the culprit seems to be
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.
Using MAT & taking heap dumps at the start and end of an 8 day period I can
see that the memory consumption for DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor has gone
from 115mb to 541mb.
If I drill down further I can see that the number of objects accumulated by
DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor  has increased from 4,403 to 14,385. Of the
managed resource objects being held by DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor, their
were 703 instances of org.apache.camel.management.mbean.ManagedThreadPool at
the beginning of the 8 day period, and 10,657 by the end. So the majority of
14,385 objects being held by DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor were
ManagedThreadPool.

We are running Camel version 2.8.3. The application is a messaging (SMS &
email) gateway connecting to multiple SMSCs and dozens of clients. It has
approx 340 routes and uses ActiveMQ.

We make extensive use of JMX to connect and query for memory usage, routes
and ActiveMQ queues every minute or so from a separate monitoring
application.

Is there any knows memory issues with JMX being enabled in Camel,
specifically with ManagedThreadPool?