No I don't think that it has something to do with network interfaces and
whatnot. The exception is thrown by JBoss intentionally, by the release
7.1.0.CR1b it's here:

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.jboss.as/jboss-as-naming/7.1.0.CR1b/org/jboss/as/naming/WritableServiceBasedNamingStore.java#118

And I think either you don't make use of the *exact* JBoss versions on your
two boxes or the JBoss setup / configuration is different.

I would google a bit for a possible solution for JBoss 7.1.1 or ask in
JBoss-Forum for further support, as according to my previous links that
happens by other (non-Camel-enabled) Apps as well making use of pure
JNDI-API.

Babak