Hi

Use the localWorkDirectory option on the JMS endpoint to stream
directly to a file when downloading the ftp file.

Then the message body is a GenericFile type  (also a
org.apache.camel.WrappedFile from Camel 2.9 onwards) where you can
access the file using a stream etc.

So if you want to
from ftp
  to bean (figure out file name)
  to file

Then in the bean you need to set the header Exchange.FILE_NAME to
whatever you want the file to be saved as.

For that you can use the setHeader EIP and then use a method call
expression (eg like a method call on a bean).