I have some Camel routes interacting with a 3rd EJB-based app.  Currently this
is accomplished by
acquiring a JMS topic via JNDI and starting the Camel context in a separate VM
instance,
i.e. running Camel as a regular Java application.  This is not really
convenient - I'd like to
package up Camel and the defined routes in an EJB for J2EE deployment because
most of the
application is implemented as EJB's and MBeans on JBoss.
My concerns are:

Is it even possible?  I ask because I'm pretty sure Camel creates it's own
threads and maybe
uses ThreadLocal internally.  I'm no an EJB expert, but I understand that
application code
should not create it's own threads.  I wonder if this is true even in stateless
session beans?

I already searched around and the only deployment options I've seen discussed
are
standalone (java app), Spring container and OSGI container - I have found
nothing about
J2EE deployment.   Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Charles