Hi

I have a standalone application which embeds Camel.

Most of the development is complete at this point and I have started to
think about how best to manage the starting and stopping of the application.
The application will needs to be stopped and started each day. I need to use
a scheduler tool(Autosys) to invoke a script to stop and start my
application.

I have taken a look at the *enableHangUpSupport *provided in the
*org.apache.camel.spring.Main*.

Providing the script to start my application will be easy. However, little
confused on the best way to shut it down. As far as I can see I have 2

(1) The script invokes a Java class which invokes a JMX call on an MBean I
expose in my application which in turn invokes the stop method on
org.apache.camel.spring.Main

(2) Do a hard stop(kill -9) on the process ID for the JVM (my application
runs on linux). Not sure if this will result in a graceful shutdown of the
application?

Any information on this area would be extremely appreciated

Thanks
Joe